Easy One Dish Spinach and Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Black or Pinto Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp avocado or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat and add garlic and onion. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook until softened, ~3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach, beans, and rice and cook for a few minutes. Then, add vegetable stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Season with curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Turn heat down to a simmer, cover, and cook for ~18-2-0 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Once cooked, turn off heat and let cool before serving. Enjoy!