Mediterranean Tofu Pasta Salad
- 1 block extra firm tofu pressed & dried
- 16 oz dried fusilli or farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup red onion diced small
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 1/3 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 can artichoke hearts rinsed and quartered if large
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta upon serving
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 TBSP mustard
- 1.5 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set aside baking sheet lined with aluminum foil with sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Take tofu out of package and set between two large stacks of paper towels and place heavy object such as a book atop tofu. Or alternatively, use a Tofu Press. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to get as dry as possible.
- While oven is preheating, heat pot of water to boiling, and start cooking pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, chop and prepare remaining ingredients and start the tofu.
- Once tofu is pressed, cut into bite-sized pieces, and season with salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until crispy and brown on edges. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Once all ingredients are cooked, add pasta and chopped veggies to a large bowl. Add in tofu, dressing, and mix well until combined. Sprinkle with fresh basil and feta upon serving. Enjoy! Serves 6.