Servings: 8 servings
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 packets chili seasoning
- 1 whole red or orange bell pepper diced
- 1 whole jalapeno minced (with seeds for heat)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes of your choice we like fire roasted
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 14 oz can chili beans or red beans rinse the beans from can with water
In a large skillet, brown ground turkey until it is cooked. Strain grease. Place back in pan.
Add red or orange pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Place all ingredients from skillet into crockpot. Add canned tomatoes, water and chili seasoning. Stir well.
Cook in covered crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Approx 10 minutes before serving, add beans to mix.