Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Turkey Sausage Bolognese
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Italian Parsely coarsely chopped
- 2.5 Pounds Turkey or Chicken Sausage low sodium (hot or milREMOVE CASING
- 1 12 oz jar/can Artichoke hearts drained and diced
- 1 8 oz jar Sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 5 oz container plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz Heavy whipping cream
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Large tomatoes coarsely chopped
Remove sausage casing: Cut almost in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away.
Pre-heat large skillet with 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and cook turkey sausage while breaking it apart. Drain excess grease and place meat back in pan.
Stir in garlic, peppers, tomatoes, pesto and artichokes. Cook approx. 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt and heavy whipping cream. Add the liquid mix to the pan and stir over low-medium heat for approx 3-4 minutes or until thickens. Stir in pepper and parsley!
Serve over Spaghetti Squash! (Optionasprinkle shredded Parmesan over top.